Extracurricular Activities - Benedictine Military School - Savannah, GA
It is no secret that to have a successful and rewarding school experience, a student needs to develop as a whole person and have an opportunity to pursue academic and extracurricular interests. At Benedictine we are focused on helping to develop a well-rounded student by enabling him to receive a positive educational experience as well as the opportunity to develop other interests.
In keeping with this focus, Benedictine offers a variety of extracurricular activities:
- Chorus lets students grow and enjoy their musical and performance interests.
- Chess Club
- Digital Photography Club exposes students to the technical side of photography and shows them how to use the newest photography equipment.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes touches millions of lives... one heart at a time. Since 1954, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes has been challenging coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful medium of athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ. FCA is the largest Christian sports organization in America. FCA focuses on serving local communities by equipping, empowering and encouraging people to make a difference for Christ.
- Media Assistants support to the media center staff allows students the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the logistics behind the media center.
- Mind Benders promotes critical thinking among students. The Mind Benders activities include trivia, and mental excercises. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Model United Nations helps raise students’ global awareness.
- The National Honor Society strives to create enthusiasm for scholarship, stimulate a desire to render service, promote leadership, and to develop character in its membership and in the other students at Benedictine Military School.
- Prom Committee plans and organizes the annual Junior Senior Prom. Work includes holding fundraisers.
- SABRE Committee is in charge of the school’s official yearbook of the school and focuses on skills such as photography, writing, design, ad sales, and more.
- Sailing is a club level sport at Benedictine and offers new and experienced sailors chances to show their skills on the water in local and regional regattas.
- The School of Rock Club meets twice a week to provide BC Cadets with the instruments and practice spaces they need to get their bands together. In periodic workshops from experienced rockers, students get tips on technique, theory, musicianship, repertoire and how to handle stage and sound equipment. The School of Rock experience culminates in an end-of-year performance called The Battle of the Bands.
- Spanish Club is open to all students interested in exploring Spanish culture and language. All members are invited to a fieldtrip to St. Augustine for a close encounter with Spanish influence and history in our area. The Spanish Club hosts salsa dancing activities and promotes various music and film activities throughout the year. Club members assist with International Day, a day where all cultures are celebrated in our school.
- Student Council is active throughout the entire school year. Student officers also meet regularly throughout the summer to plan events and welcome incoming freshmen.
- BC’s Community Service Program has enjoyed more than 25 years of success continues to receive strong support from participating organizations, parents, and former students. A number of BC graduates have pursued careers Community Service involvement areas.
Because of this strong endorsement and the benefits of the program, the school administration and faculty determined that participation in the Community Service Program shall be a mandatory requirement for graduation from Benedictine Military School. All BC graduates are required to complete 70 hours of participation.